Buren Watch Company
From Watches Wiki
Swiss watch manufacturer
The Buren Watch Company was created in 1898, following the acquisition of Fritz Suter & Cie, at the Swiss Büren an der Aare by the London company of H. Williamson Ltd. There were produced pocket watches of all types and table clocks. Due to the existing rail link H. Williamson Ltd. invested and expanded further in Büren and developed the site into an international branch. From 1916 Henry Williamson used the signature "Büren Watch Co."
Then the H. Williamson Ltd. had to close due to a stock market crash. However, a group of Swiss and an Englishman provided the capital necessary to be able to continue the watch production under Swiss management and with the new name Uhrenfabrik Buren AG.
Today the brand name is now by the Schweizer Uhren Edition (Swiss Watches Edition), which again manufactures watches under this label. Partly with old movements, but to a large extent also with ETA movements.
- The history of watchmaking in Buren / Switzerland (Die Geschichte der Uhrmacherei in Büren / Schweiz); Author: Hans Kocher, ISBN 3-7667-1031-1